DescriptionFrom the comfort of your own home, enjoy classic holiday music performed in The Castle’s grand parlor. Featuring the musical stylings of Jan Randolph, viewers will have the chance to enjoy skillfully performed tunes and learn the history behind each selection as provided by The Castle’s Executive Director, Scott Britton. About our performer: Jan Kaneff Randolph is an accomplished pianist. She took piano, organ, and accordion lessons from Kathareen Prescher Nuckols through Sherwood School of Music for 9 years. She was the organist and choir director at Vincent United Methodist Church for 30 years and the Director of Music at Porterfield Baptist Church for 8 years. She traveled for several years with Elizabeth Jeffers performing spiritual retreats across Ohio and at the Governor’s Mansion in Columbus. She has played for many weddings, funerals, and civic organizations and taught piano lessons for 25 years.
About our speaker: Scott Britton was born in Marietta, raised near Vincent, and graduated from Warren High School and Penn State University. He has been interested in history since he was in fourth grade and has been studying and researching Washington County, Ohio history since 1991, particularly its founding and extraordinary military history. Scott became The Castle’s Executive Director in 2011. He is a member of the following organizations: Co-founder, President, & Battlefield Tour Guide, Civil War Round Table of the Mid-Ohio Valley; past President, Washington Co. Historical Society; past Commander, Gen. Fearing Camp SUVCW; Historian, Marietta Chapter SAR; Board Member, Friends of Joseph Barker Junior House; and new Board of Directors member, Marietta-Washington Co. CVB.
We hope you enjoy this video! If you would feel so inclined, we would appreciate your support of our educational programming through a donation. Online donations can be made by following this link: https://mariettacastle.org/support/give/ Make the most of The Castle’s educational offerings by becoming a member! The support of our membership allows us to care for our historic property, numerous artifacts, extensive gardens, and aids our efforts to provide exceptional educational programs for the general public and students. Learn more about our membership opportunities: https://mariettacastle.org/support/become-a-member/
Please follow these prompts to purchase videos from Virtual History Central:
- Select the video(s) that you would like to purchase by clicking “Premium Content.” You’ll be taken to the product description page where you can learn more about each video.
- Next, enter in the level of donation you’d like to make to purchase the video. (Suggested donations are $10 per video.) To finalize the purchase click “Add to Cart” where you’ll then be taken to your cart.
- At your cart page, click “Proceed to Checkout.”
- If you are a member, you’ll need to enter coupon code “castlemember” into the text field on the left of the “Apply Coupon” button. Next, click the “Apply Coupon” button. You should then see your discount applied to give you free access to this video.
- At checkout, enter your billing information.
- *Important* During checkout be sure to have “Create an account?” selected. This will prompt you to then create a password. This will give you access to the video content you are purchasing. By using the email address provided and this password you’ll have continued access to the videos you have purchased on our site.
- After creating your account, click “Place Order.”
- Next, you’ll be taken to your receipt page. At the very top, click the “View” button next to the name of the video you purchased. This will take you to the “Products” page where you can watch your video content.”
Access your previously purchased content by clicking the “Log In” button below. There you’ll be able to access your video library.