Virtual History Central
Local history is just a click away
Welcome to The Castle’s home for online virtual content! Here you’ll find recordings of our engaging educational programs available for you to watch at your leisure. Topics covered range from local history talks, recorded food history cooking classes, and hands-on activities. These videos are suitable for history buffs of all ages.
Browse our recorded educational content by clicking on each video to read a full description. Our videos are available to view through our website via online donation. For ease of access, follow the prompts detailed below.
Receive free access to unlimited video content by becoming a Castle Member today!
Virtual Solstice WatchSuggested Price: $10.00
Holiday Music From The Castle’s ParlorSuggested Price: $10.00
Victorian Holiday Punch ClassSuggested Price: $10.00
Crafting Historical Holiday OrnamentsSuggested Price: $10.00
Christmas Pudding Cooking ClassSuggested Price: $10.00
A Short History of Victorian Christmas DécorSuggested Price: $10.00
Pop-Up Talk: The Archaeology of State Failure By Sarah MurraySuggested Price: $10.00
Third Thursday Talk: Freeform History ChatSuggested Price: $10.00
Third Thursday Talk: The Digital Marietta Project By Dr. Matt YoungSuggested Price: $10.00
Virtual Food History Cooking Class: Kleindeutschland MariettaSuggested Price: $10.00
Pop Up Talk: Marching to Antietam By Scott BrittonSuggested Price: $10.00
Please follow these prompts to purchase videos from Virtual History Central:
- Select the video(s) that you would like to purchase by clicking “Premium Content.” You’ll be taken to the product description page where you can learn more about each video.
- Next, enter in the level of donation you’d like to make to purchase the video. (Suggested donations are $10 per video.) To finalize the purchase click “Add to Cart” where you’ll then be taken to your cart.
- At your cart page, click “Proceed to Checkout.”
- If you are a member, you’ll need to enter coupon code “castlemember” into the text field on the left of the “Apply Coupon” button. Next, click the “Apply Coupon” button. You should then see your discount applied to give you free access to this video.
- At checkout, enter your billing information.
- *Important* During checkout be sure to have “Create an account?” selected. This will prompt you to then create a password. This will give you access to the video content you are purchasing. By using the email address provided and this password you’ll have continued access to the videos you have purchased on our site.
- After creating your account, click “Place Order.”
- Next, you’ll be taken to your receipt page. At the very top, click the “View” button next to the name of the video you purchased. This will take you to the “Products” page where you can watch your video content.”
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Access your previously purchased content by clicking the “Log In” button below. There you’ll be able to access your video library.