New Castle policies dealing with Coronavirus
(Updated June 17, 2021)
The following are the current COVID safety protocols for our guided Castle historical house museum tours, but are subject to change:
- We will continue to follow CDC, state, and local health guidelines.
- MASKS ARE OPTIONAL for all visitors, staff, and volunteers who are vaccinated. Current CDC guidelines continue to recommend non-vaccinated individuals wear masks and practice socially distancing.
- Staff, volunteers, and visitors are requested to not visit the museum if they are sick until at least 24 hours after a fever of 100°F has abated.
- Floor markings are available in the museum to maintain 6-foot social distances.
- Advanced tour reservations can be made by calling 740-373-4180 and are strongly recommended to ensure tour availability.
Message from the Executive Director
Thank you to all our staff, volunteers, and guests for their cooperation with our COVID policies over the past year. It was through your continued support that we safely remained open for tours, provided virtual and in-person programming, gained new memberships, and received generous donations in an ever changing and challenging business environment. Your amazing support allowed us to be a safe environment to carry out our mission to provide historical education to all.
Scott A. Britton