Monday, June 5 2021 – 10am & 12pm
Even before the establishment of the first business district at Picketed Point near the river confluence, Marietta’s first settlers were focused on setting up trade and commerce. Stroll among the headstones of this historic cemetery to learn about: an early milliner whose family became important community leaders, a famous liquor merchant who sailed the high seas and the local minister who worked for him, the Castle owner and Marietta Bucket Factory agent who helped kick off our area’s oil boom, the female owner and operator of one of Marietta’s largest hotels in the early 1900s, and the creation of the “loafing” spot on “Flat Iron Square” by one of Marietta’s most renown early merchants, and more.
Tour begins at Mound Cemetery, Fifth and Scammel
If attending this event, please read the following criteria:
- We are following all CDC and Ohio Department of Health guidelines.
- Reservations are required in advance and will only be accepted via online registration and payment or over the phone by calling 740-373-4180. On-site and cash payments will not be accepted.
- If you will be using a membership benefit card, please call in advance to make your reservation.
- Masks are required.
- Six foot social distancing will be mandatory between unfamiliar persons or groups.
- Note: Protocols and guidelines are subject to change. Changes will be announced and made aware to attendees at the earliest convenience.
Member Discounts: If you are currently a Contributing, Patron, or Lifetime member of The Castle, please use coupon code “castlemember” at checkout to apply your membership benefits. (Contributing – $50: Free admission to 2 cemetery tours, Patron – $100: Free admission to 4 cemetery tours, Lifetime – $1,000: Up to 8 free admissions for cemetery tours.)
By purchasing these tickets you consent to following the criteria detailed above, including utilizing your reservation data in the event contact tracing needs to be performed.Buy Tickets -10am Tour
Buy Tickets -12pm Tour