Saturday, August 15 2021
Nearly 200 years ago, Marietta families faced many deadly dangers. Fires, drownings, accidents, childbirth, and various diseases were just a few of these life threatening perils. But few dangers past or present come close to matching the scope of the “sickly seasons” of 1822 and 1823. This mysterious killer decimated the community and took the lives of hundreds of residents from all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. Learn more about one of the scariest times in Marietta’s history and some of the people who were its victims.
Tour begins at Mound Cemetery, Fifth and Scammel
If attending this event, please read the following criteria:
- We are following all CDC and Ohio Department of Health guidelines.
- Reservations are required in advance and will only be accepted via online registration and payment or over the phone by calling 740-373-4180. On-site and cash payments will not be accepted.
- If you will be using a membership benefit card, please call in advance to make your reservation.
- Masks are required.
- Six foot social distancing will be mandatory between unfamiliar persons or groups.
- Note: Protocols and guidelines are subject to change. Changes will be announced and made aware to attendees at the earliest convenience.
Member Discounts: If you are currently a Contributing, Patron, or Lifetime member of The Castle, please use coupon code “castlemember” at checkout to apply your membership benefits. (Contributing – $50: Free admission to 2 cemetery tours, Patron – $100: Free admission to 4 cemetery tours, Lifetime – $1,000: Up to 8 free admissions for cemetery tours.)
By purchasing these tickets you consent to following the criteria detailed above, including utilizing your reservation data in the event contact tracing needs to be performed.
Buy Tickets -12pm Tour