Saturday, October 23 2021 – 10am & 12pm
Education was a top priority of the Ohio Company of Associates. From those first efforts to create the Muskingum Academy, follow the “Long Blue Line” from the foundation of Marietta College with stories of a few of the people who built it into one of the top institutions it is today. Learn about the local minister who founded Marietta College, the Civil War sacrifices of three of its valedictorians, the start of the Etta Express and the American League in baseball, the Marietta College Ambulance Corps in World War I, a brave president who was decorated in World War II, and the connection between the college’s first forward football pass and a groundbreaking milestone in the Civil Rights movement.
Tour begins at Mound Cemetery, Fifth and Scammel
If attending this event, please read the following criteria:
- We are following all CDC and Ohio Department of Health guidelines.
- Reservations are required in advance and will only be accepted via online registration and payment or over the phone by calling 740-373-4180. On-site and cash payments will not be accepted.
- If you will be using a membership benefit card, please call in advance to make your reservation.
- Masks are required.
- Six foot social distancing will be mandatory between unfamiliar persons or groups.
- Note: Protocols and guidelines are subject to change. Changes will be announced and made aware to attendees at the earliest convenience.
Member Discounts: If you are currently a Contributing, Patron, or Lifetime member of The Castle, please use coupon code “castlemember” at checkout to apply your membership benefits. (Contributing – $50: Free admission to 2 cemetery tours, Patron – $100: Free admission to 4 cemetery tours, Lifetime – $1,000: Up to 8 free admissions for cemetery tours.)
By purchasing these tickets you consent to following the criteria detailed above, including utilizing your reservation data in the event contact tracing needs to be performed.
Buy Tickets -12pm Tour