Third Thursday Talk – Bertlyn Bosley – A 20th Century Pioneer By Terri Marlow: IN-PERSON
Suggested Price: $5.00
Thursday, August 19th 2021 – 7pm to 8pm – IN-PERSON TICKET
Today we mostly remember Bertlyn as Stewart’s sister and “silent” partner in the renovation of The Castle. This presentation will illustrate that Bertlyn was so much more – a humble life-long learner, a creative educator, an empathetic collaborator, a selfless leader, a world traveler, a determined visionary – to name a few of her identities. Some of Bertlyn’s life-changing accomplishments include: creating the first public health nutrition program in NC that became a model for the nation; achieving national and international recognition for her field work and exemplary nutrition education programs; and establishing successful programs to improve the diet, health and well-being of Native Americans and peoples across Central and South America. Attend this session to learn more about her amazing and admirable story.
Health & Safety Precautions for All Participants:
- Masks are optional for all attendees, staff, and volunteers who are vaccinated. Those who are not vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask while indoors and in group settings. Current CDC guidelines recommend non-vaccinated people wear masks.
- We request that if a participant does not feel well, they do not attend.
- Should any changes in these guidelines occur, registered guests will be notified via email.
To make your in-person reservation:
- Enter the dollar amount you would like to donate.
- At the left of the “Book Ticket” button, enter the number of people for which you are making reservations.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
11 in stock