Saturday July 25th, 2020 – 10am
Couldn’t get enough of the colorful Marietta characters detailed in David McCullough’s latest #1 New York Times bestseller, The Pioneers? Join The Castle staff at Marietta’s historic Mound Cemetery as we recreate the private tours given to Mr. McCullough and his family. In additional to hearing additional stories regarding two of the book’s main characters, Rufus Putnam and Samuel Hildreth, visitors will hear new tales about various members of the Ohio Company of Associates who garnered significant attention throughout the book or just a single mention, stories of the mysterious ancient earthworks they found upon their arrival in 1788, and much more.
Tour begins at Mound Cemetery located at 5th & Scammel Sts.
If attending this event, please read the following criteria:
- We are following all CDC and Ohio Department of Health guidelines.
- Reservations are required in advance and will only be accepted via online registration and payment or over the phone by calling 740-373-4180. On-site and cash payments will not be accepted.
- If you will be using a membership benefit card, please call in advance to make your reservation.
- Masks are strongly encouraged.
- Six foot social distancing will be mandatory between unfamiliar persons or groups.