Monday, May 15 2021 – 10am & 12pm
Marietta had a long and distinguished history during the War of the Rebellion. Join us as we discover the extraordinary stories of soldiers who: led the Iron Brigade on heroic charge at Antietam, Gettysburg and Spotsylvania, saved the life of Gen. William T. Sherman at Shiloh, survived the devastating “Forlorn Hope” charge at Vicksburg, helped repel Pickett’s Charge at Gettysburg, at age 15 was one of the most famous survivors of the notorious Andersonville Prison, became the regimental surgeon to two U.S. Presidents, and deserted the Confederate army but later volunteered with former Union veterans from Marietta to fight against Germany in World War I.
Tour begins at Oak Grove Cemetery Eighth and Washington, Marietta.
If attending this event, please read the following criteria:
- We are following all CDC and Ohio Department of Health guidelines.
- Reservations are required in advance and will only be accepted via online registration and payment or over the phone by calling 740-373-4180. On-site and cash payments will not be accepted.
- If you will be using a membership benefit card, please call in advance to make your reservation.
- Masks are required.
- Six foot social distancing will be mandatory between unfamiliar persons or groups.
- Note: Protocols and guidelines are subject to change. Changes will be announced and made aware to attendees at the earliest convenience.
Member Discounts: If you are currently a Contributing, Patron, or Lifetime member of The Castle, please use coupon code “castlemember” at checkout to apply your membership benefits. (Contributing – $50: Free admission to 2 cemetery tours, Patron – $100: Free admission to 4 cemetery tours, Lifetime – $1,000: Up to 8 free admissions for cemetery tours.)
By purchasing these tickets you consent to following the criteria detailed above, including utilizing your reservation data in the event contact tracing needs to be performed.Buy Tickets -10am Tour
Buy Tickets -12pm Tour